Maple Valley Parks & Recreation's Coach Pitch baseball league is open to boys and girls ages 7-8. (Age determined as of March 1, 2018.) The league is designed to teach the fundamentals of baseball while having fun! Players of all skill levels are encouraged to participate. Players will practice one night a week at Lake Wilderness Park for 60-80 minutes. Games are 80 minutes and played on Saturday afternoons/evenings at Lake Wilderness Park.
Practice days and times are chosen by the team's volunteer coach. Practices will be held Monday-Friday nights typically beginning at 6:00pm. Parents in need of certain practice days/times are encouraged to coach and choose the time that works best for their schedule. Practice preferences can be included when registering but cannot be guaranteed.
Registration Form [Avail. March 13]
Coach Pitch League Details
- Registration begins March 13
- Registration deadline is March 23
- Late registrations will be accepted for an additional fee if space permits
- Season runs May 5-June 30
- Player fee is $90
- Player fee includes a team t-shirt and hat
- Players must provide their own glove, baseball pants or shorts and cleats. Bats are provided.
- Boys and girls will play together. Teams will be coed.
Volunteer Coaches Needed! Volunteer parent coaches are always needed. Coaches can choose the practice day/time that works best for their schedule and receive drills and tips before the season begins at the Coach's Meeting. Volunteer by sending the volunteer paperwork to the League Coordinator.
- 3-4 hour commitment per week (practice/games)
- We provide all coaching and league information
- Attend the mandatory preseason Coach's Meeting
- Season lasts 10 weeks (8 games)
- Non-competitive, FUN and instructional
Maple Valley Parks & Recreation
League Coordinator: Bobby Quick . 425/432-9953 . Bobby.Quick@maplevalleywa.gov