Maple Valley Parks & Recreation and Thrive Community Fitness have teamed up this spring to offer Coach Pitch baseball for boys and girls ages 7-8. This league is designed to teach the fundamentals of baseball while having fun! Players of all skill levels are encouraged to participate. Teams practice once a week for 80-minutes (practice times are determined by the team's parent volunteer coach) and play one 80-minute game on Saturdays at Lake Wilderness Park. Coach Pitch registration is open to players ages 7-8 with age determined as of March 1, 2018.
Practice days and times are chosen by the team's volunteer coach. Practices will be held Monday-Friday nights typically beginning at 6:00pm. Parents in need of certain practice days/times are encouraged to volunteer to coach and choose the time that works best for their schedule. Practice preferences can be included in the player's registration notes but cannot be guaranteed.
Registration Form (Avail. March 13)
Game Schedule (Avail. April 30)
The Preseason Coach's Meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 3rd at 6:00pm at the Lake Wilderness Lodge. Only coaches and assistant coaches need to attend this meeting. Parents will be contacted by their team's coach following the meeting.
Coach Pitch League Details
- Registration begins March 13
- Registration deadline is March 23
- Late registrations will be accepted for an additional fee, only if space permits
- Player fee is $80
- Player fee includes a team t-shirt and hat
- Players must provide their own glove and cleats (safety baseballs and bats are provided by the league)
- Players should provide their own batting helmet
- Season runs May 5-June 30
- Practices begin the week of April 23
- Boys and girls will play together on coed teams
- Players will be pitched over-hand, baseball delivery styled pitches
- No refunds will be granted after Monday, April 2, 2018
Volunteer Coaches Needed! Volunteer parent coaches are always needed. Coaches can choose the practice day/time that works best for their schedule and receive drills and tips before the season begins at the Coach's Meeting. Volunteer by sending the volunteer paperwork to the League Coordinator.
- 3-4 hour commitment per week (practice/games)
- We provide all coaching and league information
- Attend the mandatory preseason Coach's Meeting
- Season lasts 9 weeks (7 games)
- Non-competitive, FUN and instructional
Maple Valley Parks & Recreation
League Coordinator: Bobby Quick . 425/432-9953 . Bobby.Quick@maplevalleywa.gov