Summit Place (a.k.a. The Donut Hole) is a 156 acre unincorporated island in the heart of Maple Valley. It is owned by King County. In February 2009, King County negotiated a purchase and sale agreement for the sale of this property to Summit Place 156, LLC. Anticipating the sale of this property, in October 2008 the City of Maple Valley entered into a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) [PDF]between the City, the County, and the Yarrow Bay Group regarding joint planning for this site. The City, King County, and Yarrow Bay Holdings are continuing to negotiate under the terms of the MOA, to meet the goals and deadlines established in that document for adoption of a Joint Plan, and for annexation of the site into the City. These negotiations are dynamic, and ongoing.
- Interlocal Agreement between King County and the City of Maple Valley adopting the Joint Plan for Summit Place [PDF 5.4 MB]
- Summit Place Annexation Area Comprehensive Plan Amendment / Sub-area Plan [PDF 6.5 MB]
- Revised Determination of Nonsignificance (DNS), proposed amendment to the City of Maple comprehensive plan adopting a Summit Place Sub-area plan / comprehensive plan amendment. Click here for more information.
- R.W. Thorpe & Associates Feasibility Study 2008. Click here to review the report.
- Appraisal Reports.
- Prepared for King County
- Prepared for Yarrow Bay
- Click here to see additional background information.
Stay tuned to this webpage for additional information.